Tuesday, May 29, 2007

2. First Steps


I decided to learn Reiki first as this is something that I knew I could use in conjunction with all the other touch therapies I want to learn. It naturally would be part of any massage treatment and during a reiki treatment crystals and colour can be used to accentuate and focus energy. I could already do hands on healing (which is basically all Reiki is) but I didn't have the knowledge and attunements that learning Reiki gives. My ability to work with healing energy is much stronger now and I have a format to work within - before I was very hit and miss!

Reiki is a word made from two Japanese pictograms Rei and Ki which together mean Universal Life Force, it is non-denominational, simple to do and it works (regardless of whether you believe in it or not). I have my own ideas about where the energy comes from but it doesn't actually matter what your faith is, you just have to believe in a higher good.

The particular way in which Reiki has affected me since I have been learning and practising it is that I have become an even calmer, more carefree, more thoughtful and more centred person. It has been wonderful to practice on different friends and feel the different ways in which they draw the energy through me. Which brings me to an important point; it is not me who does the healing - I merely direct it having opened myself as a channel, it is the receiver who draws it through me. And guess what? Every time I use reiki on someone I get healed at the same time as it passes through me, so everyone's a winner!


Feel free to get in touch with me if you would like to experience some healing - once I have Reiki 2 I will be able to do distant healing too.


If you would like to find out more about Reiki follow this link to my teacher Bryan's website which will tell you more:- http://www.firstlight.me.uk/reiki.shtml

Love and blessings
Anna
)O(

No comments: